What is NorCal Selects?
NorCal Selects is the first step in identifying the top hockey players in California. Players who are selected from NorCal will advance to California Amateur Hockey Association (CAHA) Selects Camp to compete against the selected players from the SCAHA (SoCal) Select Camp. Players will then be chosen from this camp to represent California at the Pacific District Camp. The top players in the country, per birth year (2007, 2006 and 2005) will be invited to attend USA Hockey National Player Development Camp. Players at the National Camp are competing for a position to participate on Team USA at for international competition at the Hlinka Cup or at the Five Nations Tournament. The top 2008 birth year players will be invited to participate at the Western Regional High Performance Camp, held at Colorado College.
Registration Dates: October 25, 2021 - November 25, 2021
Camp Dates & Locations:
- Saturday, December 11th, Oakland
- 2005 birth year: 10:30 AM – 11:45 AM & 1:30 PM – 2:45 PM
- 2006 birth year: 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM & 3:00 PM – 4:15 PM
- Sunday, December 12th, Oakland
- 2007 birth year: 8:00am -9:15am & 11:00am -12:15pm
- 2008 birth year: 9:30am – 10:45am & 12:30pm- 1:45pm
Camp fee per player: $125.00
- Birth years: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must play ice hockey in Northern California.
- Must play in at least one of the levels: A, AA, AAA, High School Varsity.
- Each age group will have two evaluations.
- Based on numbers, an additional evaluation session may be added.
- If a third session is added NorCal reserves the right to release players following the first session. The no refund policy still applies.
Camp Registration Link: CLICK HERE
On-line registration required. All forms must be filled out on the online system. If you have registered in prior years please make sure to update information.
No player registrations will be accepted past the deadline of November 25, 2021 - NO EXCEPTIONS.
No refunds will be given.
No Waivers will be granted for players unable to attend camp due to tournaments, SAT, SSAT, PSAT etc. Please make sure you do not schedule anything for this date.
ALL PLAYERS MUST ATTEND ALL SESSIONS FOR THEIR AGE GROUP OR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
No scholarships or discounts will be offered.
Waivers may be granted for documented injured players unable to attend the camp. To qualify you must submit the following in ONE PDF DOCUMENT via email to email@example.com:
1) Register Online
2) Written documentation from a licensed physician
3) Hockey Resume with cover letter as to why the player cannot attend
4) Two letters of recommendations
Norcal residents that play out of district must apply directly to CAHA for consideration. Contact Rosemary Voulelikas for additional information at firstname.lastname@example.org
CAHA and Pacific District Camp Information
The goal of the CAHA Select Camp is to identify and select the most competitive youth player ages 14, 15, 16 & 17 to attend the Pacific District Development Camps or festival.
*Players who do not intend to participate in the CAHA or Pacific District camp, if selected, should not attend NorCal Selects*