What is NorCal Selects?
NorCal Selects is the first step in identifying the top hockey players in the USA. Players who are selected from NorCal will advance to CAHA Selects to compete against player from SoCal to represent California players at the Pacific District Camp. From there, players will advance to the USA Hockey Select Festival in Buffalo, NY. The top 250 players in the country, per birth year (2002, 2003 and 2004) will be invited to attend USA Hockey Select Festival. From those festivals, players will be invited to participate on USA Teams at international competition.
Registration Dates: October 15, 2018 - November 15, 2018
Camp Dates & Locations:
- December 8th: 2004 & 2005 birth years, Oakland, 12-6pm
- December 9th: 2002 & 2003 birth years, Fremont, 8am-2pm
- Specific times and details will be sent following the close of registration
Camp fee per player: $95.00
- Birth years: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must play ice hockey in Northern California.
- Must play in at least one of the levels: A, AA, AAA, High School Varsity.
- Each age group will have two 1-hour evaluations.
- Based on numbers, an additional evaluation session may be added.
- If a third session is added Norcal reserves the right to release players following the first
session. The no refund policy still applies.
Camp Registration Link: click HERE
On-line registration required. All forms must be filled out on the online system. If you have registered in prior years please make sure to update information.
No player registrations will be accepted past the deadline of November 15, 2018 - NO EXCEPTIONS.
No refunds will be given.
NO Waivers will be granted for players unable to attend camp due to tournaments, SAT, SSAT, PSAT etc. Please make sure you do not schedule anything for this date.
ALL PLAYERS MUST ATTEND ALL SESSIONS FOR THEIR AGE GROUP OR WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
No scholarships or discounts will be offered.
Waivers may be granted for documented injured players unable to attend the camp. To qualify you must submit the following in ONE PDF DOCUMENT via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) Register Online
2) Written documentation from a licensed physician
3) Hockey Resume with cover letter as to why the player cannot attend 4) Two letters of recommendations
Norcal residents that play out of district must apply directly to CAHA for consideration. Contact Rosemary Voulelikas for additional information.
CAHA and Pacific District Camp Information:
The goal of the CAHA Select Camp is to identify and select the most competitive youth player ages 14, 15, 16 & 17 to attend the Pacific District Development Camps or festival.
2019 USA Hockey Pacific District Boys Development Camp: Date: May 9-12, 2019 in City National Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada. The camp will host the elite Select 15 (2004), Select 16 (2003), and Select 17 (2002) age levels in the Pacific District.
2019 USA Hockey Pacific District Multi District Select 14 (2005):Date & Location: TBD
*Players who do not intend to participate in the CAHA or Pacific District camp, if selected, should not attend NorCal Selects*